STIR FRY VEGETABLES WITH BROWN RICE
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- ½ pound fresh green beans, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced on diagonal
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups greens, chopped (kale, bok choy, spinach, collards, etc)
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ½ cups peas (if frozen run under water to thaw)
- ½ cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1. Heat a deep skillet or wok over medium heat for about 1 minute. Add oil and heat for 1 minute.
- 2. Add green onions and ginger. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- 3. Add broccoli, green beans, carrots, and garlic. Stir fry for 8-10 minutes.
- 4. Add greens and toss for about 2 minutes or until greens are wilted.
- 5. Stir in water chestnuts, brown rice, soy sauce, peas and almonds.
- 6. Serve as complete meal
- Tip: Serve this dish as a complete main dish along with a side of sliced fruit such as oranges, pineapple or mango. This is also a great recipe to double and then use the leftovers for lunch. Merely heat in the microwave or eat at room temperature.