One of the most important steps you can take for your successful fasting experience is to prepare. Not only will you be aligned and ready for the fast, but you will enjoy the anticipation of the forthcoming experience.
I created a quick 16-minute video to help you learn how to prepare for the fast. Just click on the link below to learn:
- About opening your heart to God and partnering with Him for the fast.
- About planning your start date for the fast . . . and your conclusion date.
- How to select your purpose for fasting and why it’s so important for the Daniel Fast.
- About gathering the resources and making plans for your study during your Daniel Fast.
- How to plan simple and nutritious meals and who this step is essential if you want a spiritual experience rather than focusing on the food and satisfying the flesh (instead of feeding your soul and receiving from God).
- How to sanctify yourself for 21 days and grow in your faith during this powerful spiritual discipline.
By the way, one of the most important steps to take in preparing your body for the fast is taper off caffeine! Start about 10-7 days before the fast begins so that your body is free of caffeine when you start. Also, taper off sugar and processed foods. At the same time, slowly increase the amount of fiber you consume (fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, beans, etc.). This will avoid physical reactions as your body conforms to the very healthy way of eating during your fast.
I always like to hear from other members of the body of Christ . . . and so do other visitors. Please leave your comment below. Share your aspirations about the upcoming Daniel Fast.